Sunday 15 February 2015

Unit 8: Present perfect interrogative


 A few students speaking for 1 minute about a random topic picked from cards.


Elicit from students rules and use of present perfect affirmative and negative and make them deduce the order for interrogative sentences.

Use students as models with sentences to practice word order. 

Sentence:
She has seen the new science fiction film. 



Chose the correct form:

1) I have eaten a delicious cake. __________________

  • Have I eat a delicious cake?
  • Have eaten I a delicious cake?
  • Have I eaten a delicious cake?
2) You have bought some milk. __________________
  • Have you bought some milk?
  • Have bought you some milk?
  • Have you buy some milk?
3) He has travelled a lot. __________________
  • Has he travelled a lot?
  • Did has he travelled a lot?
  • Has he travel a lot?
4) We have been to New Zeland. __________________
  • Have we be to New Zeland?
  • Have we been to New Zeland?
  • Have been we to New Zeland?
5) They have lost their dog. __________________
  • Has they lost their dog?
  • Have they lost their dog?
  • Have they lose their dog?
6) She has visited Big Ben. __________________
  • Has she visited Big Ben?
  • Have she visited Big Ben?
  • Have visited she Big Ben?
7) It has been a lovely day. __________________
  • Have it been a lovely day?
  • Has it be a lovely day?
  • Has it been a lovely day?
8) We have taken your umbrella. __________________
  • Have we took your umbrella?
  • Have we taken your umbrella?
  • Have taken we your umbrella?
9) I have sent a letter to my friend Tom. __________________
  • Have I sent a letter to my friend Tom?
  • Have sent I a letter to my friend Tom?
  • Has I sent a letter to my friend Tom?
10) The exam has been really easy! __________________
  • Has the exam been really easy?
  • Have the exam been really easy?
  • Have the exam be really easy?





Intermediate grammar games (Jill Hadfield: pg. 12 + 55, 56)








I. Make present perfect 'yes / no' or 'wh' questions
  1. (They / go / to the USA)? 
  2. (You / read / the Harry Potter books)? 
  3. (She / be / late for school)? 
  4. (He / meet / your brother yet)? 
  5. (They / live / here as long as we have)? 
  6. (You / go / to Canada)? 
  7. (She / miss / the train)? 
  8. (I / meet / you before)? 
  9. (They / take / the exam)? 
  10. (She / work / in this company for ten years)? 
  11. (How long / she / live in Melbourne)?


II. Create 10 interrogative questions of your own that you would ask to a foreigner

No comments:

Post a Comment